Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chamber - the gift that keeps on giving!

My phone rings and it's director of St. Stephen's Church which is about five miles from me. She's a chamber member and called me to come there tomorrow and give a presentation in front of the church committee. They dropped group due to cost and now everyone's on their own. Wow...I'm very excited to run that appointment. Wait! Maybe I should just do that on the phone - they can teleconference me in. Lol. (Ok, I'm a smart ass.)

In other news, the workforce exchange is turning out to be a total bust. I had two lined up to start, both bagged out. I have a lot of "resumes" (if you want to call 'em that) and about 90% don't return emails or return messages. My theory was some of them would really appreciate a home-based job. Guess not. No problem. I posted a regular ad and will simply go the proven route.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

/smile

Tell them to put you on hands free!

Sounds like a real nice chance to get your name out there.

Good luck.

MIBIZinsurance

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Yeah, it's a shame isn't it. All these agents across the country sitting at home making a fortune off shared leads and I have to put on a tie tomorrow.

Marc Hart said...

Shoot you were ties. I don't I wear a nice dress shirt or even a polo shirt. When I have done my seminars for real estate agents I have not seen a tie in the room yet. Well I am from california so if I could I would do it in a t-shirt and flip flops.