Thursday, February 21, 2008

2 HSAs this week

Closed 2 HSAs yesterday from telemarketing - both in-person deals. Everyone here knows or should now that I close deals online and in person - I simply make a judgement call based on my conversation.

Neither of the deals I did yesterday would have closed on the phone. The "I only close by phone" agents will argue that if they can't sign 'em up online there wasn't enough interest in the 1st place so they lost nothing. Really.....go the dictionary and look up denial.

One appointment was actually very fun but long - almost 2 hours. The wife actually broke out her medical bills over the past year and say at the table with a calculator to run the numbers. Of course, they were paying just over $500 and the HSA came in just over $300 so she came out ahead.

My other client was a single guy - 52 and dropped Carefirst around 3 months ago due to cost. He simply didn't fully understand HSAs on the phone and doesn't use the net. He was only about 30 minutes and done.

Hey....I'll sell online when I can but I'll always mix and match it because frankly I enjoy getting out of the house during the week and meeting with clients. What I don't like about face to face is driving all over creation for 15 appointments a week, running night appointments, getting stood up or blown off.

But that doesn't happen when you have the ability to sign people up online. Well over 50% of your clients would prefer doing it online - they don't want to meet with you. I can also sense the level of interest and I'm simply not gonna drive and meet someone with "so so" interest.

And thanks to everyone who emailed me about the association I'm starting. I'm really trying to create something inexpensive that's valuable. For example, for anyone interested in Gary's CRM association members get it at $299 per month - $50 a month discount. Just for the $19.95 a month in dues your ahead $30 a month. And that's one benefit.

I'm going to be very busy building up more and more benefits. If anyone else has any questions about what I'm doing and offering just contact me by email or phone.

No comments: