Friday, April 11, 2008

Everything

Well, I had a goal this year to finally hit 1 million in business - 20K a week, which I've never done before. I've always been over $700K a year but never hit my ultimate goal.

This year, however, I'm tracking 1.4. Why? I have basically everything in place:

  • Flyers to businesses
  • Flyers plastered up on community bulletin board
  • Norvax quote site
  • Shared leads
  • LeadPod
  • Referrals (I'm staying in touch much better with clients)
  • Constant Contact following up with old leads
I will say this to anyone getting into this biz: This is a phenomenal career. It is well worth the hard work and patience needed to get off the ground.

I spent a lot of years in sales and not too many days pass when I don't really appreciate what I'm doing for a living. Let's compare this to other sales jobs:

  • No credit checks - which normally kills most sales (car, home improvement, etc...)
  • No driving to see clients - totally unique to insurance sales
  • Can sell all available products unlike other sales were you represent one company
  • Renewals - totally insane. The 8th wonder of the world is compound interest - renewals are just like that. Name me a sales job outside of insurance were you continue to be paid on past business
  • Economy proof. Check out the out-of-work real estate agents and mortgage brokers. That industry collapsed. However, when the economy tightens more people need a rate reduction. I'm doing more business now then ever. Everyone needs to save.
  • This will never go away (despite for the "universal" people may dream about)
  • You are truly helping people
  • Six figures is relatively easy if you don't pack it in too soon and give yourself a chance
  • Almost no start-up costs compared to running other businesses
Today's just one of those days where I appreciate what I do. I just came up from watching the morning news and the Baltimore beltway is jammed. I just watched, though "damned" and went back upstairs with my coffee and cranberry muffin.

1 comment:

The Agent said...

John, that's awesome. Congrats!!
I hope to be there someday myself. Thanks for your blog and forum imput. It has helped a great deal.