Tuesday, February 12, 2008

one shot one kill

I normally don't for for one-call closes but again, my phone rang today - even forgot to ask where she got my number but looking for coverage, one med, currently has Mega and anxious to get off.

I did a GoToMeeting and used the live desktop tool, showed her GR quotes, did the app online and it's done. Not a huge premium - $145 a month but from A to Z it took about 25 minutes. Tomorrow I'm gonna call her back and ask where she got my number.

I'm getting quite busy - I've had little ads out for months now - always put the flyers out anytime I'm out and about and I think my redesigned flyer for '08 is starting to pull. I have yet to actually go BtoB with them - just been leaving 'em in strip plazas when I'm running around.

I am very very excited about this year. I could increase my earnings by 100% if I keep tracking the way I've been going.

When it's all said and done, by April it'll be:

  • Telemarketing - 8 to 10 hours a week
  • Flyers at all businesses when I'm out and about
  • Local events
  • Redesigned quote page and work on my website for more traffic and quotes
  • Mailers
I plan to crush this year. I want to be busy beyond belief. I have no eathly clue what'll happen to the health insurance market in the upcoming years but I'm certainly not gonna be left with my ass hanging out if the train comes to a stop. I'd like some cake in the bank so I could move to plan B without worrying about finances.

I'm sorry I haven't updated my Feb spreadsheet yet. I will. I use a much broader Excel sheet to track my leads and have to import only certain columns for privacy reasons and because you wouldn't be able to view it all at once. My spreadsheet has a lot of columns and I have to scroll over to see them all.

No comments: