Thursday, March 13, 2008

Knocked out a GR HSA - half the day on the association

For those of you reading along this blog is obviously about my day to day activities in the insurance field - now that I've started the association it's simply part of my day.

Out of the clear blue the phone rings - referral. Very nice guy, 36 no health conditions and got a glowing review on me from one of my clients. He just dropped his BX coverage this past January due to the rate.

We went right online - didn't even do the desktop share, showed him the GR rates - he asks for my recommendation and I say "there's not even a close second - the HSA." He rarely uses health insurance so a copay plan would be ridiculous.

This has something to do with staying in much better contact with my clients. I'm going through my book of business and calling 10 or so clients a day just staying in touch. All of them really appreciated the call.

Starting now I'm going to send coffee mugs with my agency's name out to everyone with a fridge magnate. After that I'm going to stay in touch with everyone 4 times a year. I think with the block of business I currently have there's no reason why I shouldn't be getting at least 2 referrals per week.

Then reason I'm not is simple; we forget about each other as time goes by. They probably don't have my card - lost it or put it away - I send out the Enewletters which most people just probably scan and delete.

I need the fridge magnate so my name is always available and I think the coffee mugs are a nice touch - no one throws away mugs. I have a nice small collection.

Very busy yesterday with the association - got 8 new members yesterday and got everything sent out to them - also did 3 personal training webinars and I have a group webinar scheduled for today.

I'm also lining up more and more member discounts and current going back and forth with a lot of companies. I'm also busy creating more download-able training webinars so agents can choose their topic and view it when they want.

As time goes by I'll be spending a lot more time on the association as I have very big plans for it. I think, if done properly and I provide a great value, it can really take off.

I personally get a great deal of satisfaction from helping people. I have a lot of passion, especially when it comes to newer agents, since I remember what it was like to be new and try to get decent information.

I think new agents are set up to fail. They really don't have much chance of success at all. Captive outfits teach them the wrong methods and you pretty much can't go independent with zero training and support.

A total lack of community environment means boredom with leads to a lack of motivation, then self-doubt. When that happens and you get into "I don't know what I'm doing wrong" mode it's the beginning of the end.

I've had senior agents join just because they want to get around with others - trade ideas, tools, marketing techniques and basically have a fun environment.

When you do well and your name comes out in the next newsletter (member's choice) it can mean a lot. Contests and prizes start in April - which will be a blast.

The most successful people in the country don't sit alone at home. They surround themselves with other successful people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Start, If Agents only knew more about this orginization. Top Rate and First Class.

http://www.ameri-choice.com/

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Well, I have things working now and next month this is going to get to a fantastic level.

Anonymous said...

I was not referring to your Club,

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Oh - I didn't know you were trying to post an ad.