Thursday, May 1, 2008

Association as main job now

After yesterday's Norvax webinar my main job now will be running and managing the IHIAA. To me, the number of members is amazing and I greatly appreciate every member.

This industry has so many flaws I can't even count....but let's try:

  • Horrible lead sources agents stumble across - waste hundreds/thousands of dollars
  • Between lacking to no training on products or the correct products to sell and why
  • Zero training about writing apps relating to the claims review process
  • No community atmosphere
  • No unbiased source of info - we're an association - do not make overrides so we don't need to "steer" agents into selling for any particular carrier
  • Agents trapped into bad contracts - can't escape
  • Agents trapped in bad agencies - can't escape
  • Taught "kill it and grill it" methods of writing business - write an app - onto the next kill
  • More of a "just get the deal" - less focus on "career agent"
So we can solve a lot and there's power in numbers.....a lot of power in numbers. Regarding my blog - I'll keep updating it as to what's going on in general, but at this point I'm just dealing with my existing block of business and referrals.

5 comments:

Sea Agent said...

Thank Anthony, you're right on the mark.

Sea Agent said...

thanks, keep the info coming

InsuranceJunkie said...

I am enjoying your information. I am a life & health agent but currently work mostly in P&C.
I have started a blog here too.
https://theinsurancebuzz.blogspot.com

Can you check it out? I am new at this so any suggestions will help.

garysallred said...

Hi. I am new to the blog, but the info looks very helpful. I am a captive H & L agent and now that the economy is so bad the terms of my contract are really hurting me. Up-front commissions are great if you don't have many cancellations, but I am now in debt to my company!
My main concern is - wondering if there is really a decent insurance product out there that people are unlikely to cancel from. The product I am given to market leaves a lot to be desired.

garysallred said...

I am new to the blog, but it looks helpful. I am a captive agent selling H & L. Now that the economy is so slow, my contract terms are really hurting me. Up-front commissions are great if you have a product that really sticks and don't have many cancellations. Problem is, the product I am given doesn't stick well enough. I am wondering if there is really a good Health product out there I can be proud to offer.