Monday, July 30, 2007

D-Day - The battle begins!



Ok, woke up today and set a goal to generate 10 leads. Next thing I know I'm playing Jedi mind games with myself as I gear up to start making calls. After all, my cat really needs a bath...bad. I also need some stuff at Office Depot and that counts as work...right?

But getting ready to telemarket is no different than an actor before going on stage; a lot of apprehension but once you're out there you have a good time. And that's a great analogy for me since I actually enjoy talking to business owners about health insurance.

In the end I got 11 leads! I got to ten and then "did one more for the Corps." (I'm a former Marine.) When I generate my own leads I close about 1 out of 8 so I should have a deal in there somewhere. Above is my spreadsheet of the leads I got today.

On another note, I finally got my fat ass in the gym again today. I'm 6.0 and 195 now up from 178 months ago when I stopped working out. So I'm not only proud that I got my 11 leads but also that I stuck to my guns and did my work out.

Tomorrow is my meeting at 10am to sell Medicare Advantage plans to Medicaid prospects. If this pans out it'll give me much needed marketing money to take this to the next level.

1 comment:

The Sales Wolf said...

Good Job John.
Love the Blog, look forward to keeping up with your sucess.