Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wasted day

Well, I'm chalking today up as a waste. I went to my Bravo by ElderHealth meeting this morning to possibly sell MA plans to people on Medicaid. What I thought was gonna be 1 or 2 hours dragged on 'till 4pm. This one windbag went on and on for over 2 hours.

The MA deal doesn't sound bad, but they want $25 per appointment and after a few of us grilled them over the quality of leads I get a 6th sense the leads aren't as qualified as I'd like. Plus, they are marketing in 5 counties in MD plus the city and I could just tell that it would be 10am in Harford county, then 3 hours south to AA county for the next. Brings back nightmares from when I sold home improvements.

I could telemarket my own leads and set my own appointments. However, I need to assess the best use of my time. I can spend 2 hours telemarketing seniors on Medicare, probably get 4 appointments out of that, get 2 apps at $300 a pop and make $600. However, if I put those same 2 hours into health that's 6 extra leads.

Put it in weekly terms and it's 10 hours of senior marketing for possibly 10 apps X $300 = $3,000. Doesn't sound too shabby. However, 2 hours of health is 30 leads, close 3 is $4,000 AV X 25% = $3,000. Same money, but with health I'm selling out of my house. Health wins. Let's not forget that my time to run 10 MA appointments is probably 15 or 20 hours total.

Lastly, I think I realize that in order to attain my ultimate goal I need to stay focused and it's just heatlh, health and more health. Tomorrow - back on track!

No comments: