Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Being home-based sucks

Today was just ok. My phone was out pretty much throughout the day. Every time I made a call I could hear the other person but after about two minutes they couldn't hear me. Didn't get fixed until around 4pm.

The problem is that completely distracted me and when I'm at home with my stay-at-home wife Lisa and son (Ryan) it's just too easy to say "Oh well, call it a wash today." It wasn't a total failure. I did get two confirmed appointments (phone appointments, not physical) set up to sign up two of the leads I generated from Tuesday.

But what today punctuates is not going into an actual office costs me money. There's just too many home distractions. I also thrive in a real work environment with other agents around. Part of my goal is a retail location with other agents. I'm competitive by nature and there's no one to compete with sitting like a turd in my home office. Quite boring actually. I really miss just the general camaraderie that comes with an office environment.

4 comments:

JR said...

I'm positive things will turn out well in the near future. Here's a toast to obtaining that office.

Ed Harris said...

actually, quite interesting.

Ed Harris said...

pretty interesting. i like working in the office setting. always take a break at 3 pm to play a quick game of nerf bball with one of my fellow agents.

Anonymous said...

very interesting. or maybe i already posted that.