Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Got paid by Fidelity!

It's been a long time since I've earned a life commission but it feels great. An agent buddy of mine said I should be cross-selling 25% of my health clients. I agree.

I gave life a big push in 2005. Disaster. I find the underwriting process to be insane. Although I got cases through I pulled the plug when I wrote a heath and life app the same day - health got approved, life exam came back with high cholesterol and border-line high blood pressure.

Of course, my client dove into his doctor's office and was put on a med. So the life app was killed and take a shot and what happened to the health app after a claim was filed? Although that might be a rare scenario I'm not chancing that again.

So I'm writing the Fidelity non-med product and telling all my clients that after a year we'll review it. The last case I wrote was $38 a month and they could have got $22 with an exam. They can suck up the $16 for a year.

Not only that, but it's not like I'm hiding anything from my clients. I tell all of 'em "you choose - $38 and no exam or possibly $22 with the exam." If I run into a client who just had a complete physical - already knows HBP and cholesterol numbers and doesn't mind the exam then I'd go for Banner.

No comments: