Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just unbelievable



1st:

I closed the case from yesterday where she was on GR for $450 and needed maternity - she also complained about the $1,500 deductible - thought it was too high. So I put the wife on Blue Choice today for $277 - HMO with all copays and immediate maternity and her husband and child got Personal Comp for $153. So they didn't save much but she has maternity with and a no deductible plan. Assurant w/maternity was a no-go due to cost.

2nd:

Got 12 leads yesterday and it only took 20 minutes to call 'em. Got one great prospect out of it - owner of a small car dealer. The owner wants quotes and also quotes for three employees. They currently offer nothing and the owner canceled his Blue Cross plan last year when it hit $700 a month. Perfectly healthy family. Please note that out of 12 leads called that was my only possibility. A lot of my day was spent on a referral - closing her tomorrow for GR.

3rd:

30 leads today between Jenn and Lisa! Lisa's finally up and running and gave me 5 1/2 hours of work today. Wow - never in my short 4 years in this biz have I never had consistent leads like this. The result is night and day - I'm am simply getting slammed all day.

It does not take a lot of deals to make money. At an average commish of $800 (cut that in half if you're dealing with singles on internet leads) all I need is 4 deals a week and that's a lot of money.

My goal is what I just got today - 30 leads a day and plan on closing 1 out of 30. Why such a bad percentage? At 30 leads a day I simply won't have time to be on the phone hours a day hunting people down. I'll deal with the people who answer, call the others back one more time then I have to let Constant Contact take care of 'em.

My cost per lead is $4.60. At 30 leads a day, closing 1 out of 30 here it is:

150 leads per week X 4.60 = $690 5 deals per week X $3,500 AV per deal = $17,500 20% average commish = $3,500 Net = $2,810

If I can make $146,000 a year simply by spending 1 out hour each day calling 30 leads I'm all over it. I'm not factoring in cross-selling Fidelity.

Now...remember that math above because I didn't factor in a HUGE change - which is now that Lisa's up and running I'll be having her use Gary's CRM system for telemarketing which will TRIPLE her lead output!

Now - when that happens I have a master plan. If I have Lisa and Jenn using the marketing CRM and getting me 50+ leads a day I'll hire someone to "scrub" the leads. She'd spend the day calling all the leads and separating the interesting from the disinterested. She'd also handle all the emailing.

No comments: