Friday, August 10, 2007

2 more hired and Sherri kicks it out!


Sherri did a great job for me today - 18 leads in 4 hours! She hit the bonus rate of $15/hr so my per-lead cost is $3.33. If anyone knows where they can get exclusive leads from mainly business owners for $3 a pop let me know. Leads are all about volume and there's no such thing as a qualified leads. The hunt for the "qualified" lead will leave you broke and frustrated. I like dealing with high volumes of telemarketed leads because:

*ROI is fantastic: $4 per lead close 1 out of 30 = $120 cost returning an average of $800
*You're busy all day with high volume which keeps your attitude up
*You only work with highly interested people and not get jerked around
*You don't have to battle some wad selling junk plans, discount plans like you do with shared leads. You can relax and take your time with clients without worrying about someone else trying to pull the carpet out from under you.

When you're dealing with low amount of leads you have to milk them for everything they're worth. That's a frustrating day. Also, do NOT hire a telemarketing service!!! You have little to no control over quality. My marketers work for me. I dictate quality and set the parameters.

I also hired two more marketers today - Maggie and Laurel who will both start on Monday. I'm looking for 30 leads a day and close 1 out of 30. That means I call 30 people and only work with people who highly regard my services. All the "I'm busy now so call me back late next week" people get kicked to the curb. They get Constant Contact follow-ups (automatic emails.)

30 leads a day X 5 days = 150
$4 per lead X 150 = $600
Average AV is $3,500 X 25% commish = $875
$875 X 5 deals = $4,375 - $600 = $3,775 per week net

I could close 3 deals out of 150 leads and still net $2,025 per week.

2 comments:

JR said...

You read my mind. That's a great potential ROI.

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading your experiences. I have been in the insurnance business 17 years and this has made my family a wonderful living. I am learning something every day. Thanks for sharing.

Good Selling,

Brian
Brianins@aol.com