Monday, August 6, 2007

Starting to get into gear

I'm designing the next phase of this which is taking on some new agents. Can't very well start mass marketing without agents to handle leads, plus part of my new plan is to create an agency that takes on entry-level agents without screwing them. I don't see any places for newly licensed agent to start in health insurance field. Captive outfits like UGA or UA are horrible and going independent from the start is almost guaranteed failure. I want to hire new agents on W-2 status with a modest base pay and physical office - at bare minimum a draw against commish.

I telemarket my own leads and have learned how to qualify but today I designed a script so a new agent can survive cold-calling and generate enough interest so it doesn't "suck." My new script is simple:

"Hi, my name is John with the Health Solutions Agency. The reason I'm calling is there are new major medical health plans in Maryland and you can see now the rates and plan details right online. If you have individual or family coverage I'd like to send you an email with the site links so you can review everything when you have time."

After I get their email I tell them that I'll follow up with them later in the week to answer any questions they have.

This generates about 10 leads per hour which is a lot of action. Again, no qualification but that'll come with the follow up. But I'm a firm believer that new agents should hit the phones all day and not spend money while trying to get off the ground. I actually generated 10 leads just in my last 45 minutes of calls with that script.

I'll follow through with this for the rest of the week to see how the math works out.

No comments: