Friday, September 7, 2007

Hit the trifecta


Great day! Did an Aetna, Assurant and Blue Cross app. Two were leads I telemarketed, one was a referral. It's very refreshing to devote my entire day to insurance activities and furthering my business and as of now I think I'm really on the right track to be a recognized local agency. Of course the big step doesn't come until early next year when I rent store-front space.

Actually, the next big step is a half or full-page ad in local publications which is over a month away. The great thing about local ad rates is they're cheap. I can get a half-page ad in one of my city's local papers for $150 a week. This beats trying to put a 1/16th of a page ad in some huge 100 page newspaper that frankly no one would see - has no impact at all.

I'm looking great next week - five appointments set already and all before Wednesday. Also starting next week I'll be involved in local business meetings. I have business breakfast for my community and I have another breakfast for the chamber of commerce. That one I'm especially looking forward to since new members get to introduce themselves and tell everyone what we do.

Oh, and I got my DOI trade name for Maryland Health Plans today so I can officially go by that name! I think this is important since my agency name basically states what I do - "Health Solutions" did not.

No comments: