Tuesday, October 2, 2007

MHIP - becoming more of a pleasure


I just did yet another MHIP app today and let me tell you, my attitude is really changing on doing these deals.

They are now becoming enjoyable and it's simply great to hear the client's enjoyment in finding affordable guaranteed issue coverage. MD is now the nation's richest state and MHIP shows that affordable comprehensive plans can exist.

As you can see, I can get a 50 year old a $1,000 deductible plan for $305 or the $2,600 for $163. If MD can pull this off, so can the nation. If I got "ANY" commission I'd still be in business as an agent.

MHIP plays me a flat $100. But remember there is nothing to it. Normally I go over the plans and rates with a client in about 10 minutes. They download and fill out the app on their own, I simply sign it and fill in my broker info and it's done.

If all of my carriers had GI plans with these rates and paid me $100 flat I'd be able to kick out 10 apps a week without breaking a sweat. That's $52 a year and I'd cross-sell life. Not a problem. If they paid me 5% commish 10 deals would be 30K in volume = $1,500 a week.

No comments: