Saturday, October 6, 2007

Why do internet leads suck so much? Let's find out



Ok, I got spammed with this a few days ago. The 1st thing it touts in the title is "Get Coverage from $40 per Month!" But in the email message it actually touts $30 per month. Now we can stop right there. First of all, we all know no one can get a plan for $30 per month. Secondly, just what kind of prospect is this attracting? The stupid, the young or the broke - oh, and people actually clicking on email spam.

So I hit the site and am promised "instant quotes." Now, to me "instant quotes" means I'm gonna see some figures. Absolutely nothing states that I'm going to receive calls from agents - in which 95% of all prospects would simply leave the site.

So I type in my family info and only after I click to get my quotes does it tell me that several agents will contact me. This is when most people go "CRAP!" and the reason most don't pick up the phone - even though you're calling seconds after you receive the lead.

Now, there are indeed highly interested people - but those people automatically get routed to Ehealth. So let's sum up:

1) You're calling people who think they can get plans for $30 a month
2) You're calling people who have not agreed nor plan on you calling
3) They have already been routed to Ehealth

So now let's up the competition factor in the equation. Obviously I'll be getting calls today so let's say my family wants a plan with maternity and see what happens.

No comments: