Monday, March 3, 2008

Amazing day and some thoughts

Well, I'm proud of myself. Just over 4 hours on the dialer with 32 leads generated.

498 dials
249 minutes
31 leads
29 said piss off

118 messages




2 of the 31 leads were call-backs from messages left - which are obviously fantastic leads. One's a slam dunk - husband 57, wife 57 paying $800 on Mega. He literally said "...I got your message. You got anything that can get me off this shit?" My kinda guy.

If I don't have more than one deal out of today's work I'll be stunned. I'm also tracking my time - which was be an eye-opening endeavor. Although we all like to think we work hard, charting your time will prove otherwise.



Even with 4 hours on the dialer plus time faxing and emailing I only came up with 6 hours of work today - 2 hours shy of a full day. Part of my problem was the 9:50 start time - which I'll solve tomorrow.

So now the gloves are off. I have Gary's incredible dialer, I have a very comfortable pitch and now it's about logging in the time. Can I simply log in the time and put a million on the books? It's not "can I" but "will I."

9 comments:

cruisin_man said...

John,

Great Results!

Start an hour early tomorrow - lol!

Thanks for taking the time today to share your thoughts and experience.

I look forward to many joint ventures in the future.

Thanks also for introducing me to the dialer. I'll be in touch with Gary very soon.

Question? The numbers in the dialer - are they DNC compliant?

Talk soon,

Tom

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Yeah, I have hop on the phones earlier. And I call businesses which are exempt from the DNC list. You only have to comply with the DNC list if you're calling residential.

cruisin_man said...

" You only have to comply with the DNC list if you're calling residential. "

Cool - I learned something else today.

By the way - today I talked to Bob, Rick, Scott and yourself from the board. I learned more in one day about insurance from you 4 than most would learn in a month - thanks!

Tom

Anonymous said...

Interesting results. I am amazed at the number of group health insurance plans you are ignoring. It seems to me in the future you could really attack the group market and creat a report for say small groups under 10 and large groups over 10 or whatever number fits your system.

Or at the very least sell those leads to a group health agent for a split of commission or something like that.

Great Job! You are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Which company did your website? (the
colors and layouts are extremely appealing).

Thanks (again)

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Yes, I simply choose to ignore group - which is just a personal preference. Don't worry - there's no shortage of group brokers.

info@marylandquotes.com said...

http://tinroofdesigns.com did my site.

insureitnow said...

John,

Are you asking for the owner or pitching however picks up?

Doug

info@marylandquotes.com said...

I always ask for the owners. If they're not available or I get blocked with "what's this regarding" then I just pitch the gatekeeper.

What I'm seeing is it's a lead generation tool - I'm getting quote requests as the faxes start to circulate.