Friday, March 7, 2008

Extremely busy day - closed my in-person

Very busy today to wrap up the week - which is the way I like it. I had agents sign up for the association so I spent time with them and did two CRM demos.

I ran my appointment and I'm glad I confirmed the address tonight - the address I had was his business address however I was going to his house which was 40 minutes north! So it was an hour and fifteen minutes each way - quite the haul.

However, it's a family of six on a Mega plan paying $800+ per month....worth the drive. The wife would not do it online, she wanted to meet with me. She was pretty bitter - had the "fool me once..." attitude.

Her Mega agent was very slick according to her, made it sound like the best plan in the world. Sos he grilled me. I knew I was in for it when I sat down and she had a table full of Mega paperwork and a calculator. No one would have closed this online - not a shot in hell.

She was all business - barely looked at me. The husband was the opposite - we hit it off and we're going on and on about all kinds of stuff. I actually though the wife was so turned off in general that I wasn't gonna get the deal.

She probably asked a solid 20 minutes of questions. Fine - I nailed it. The entire family is healthy but she's on two meds for HBP - so there's no way they were going to GR. She was already bitching that Mega didn't cover anything.

But I gave it a try - showed her GR and said right upfront that her HBP and any outpatient treatment would not be covered. She simply pushed the brochure away.

Off to Assurant - Max Plan at $585 per month - it'll be approved in a day and I already built in the increase. Nice to close the week out with a $1,700 commish.

7 comments:

JR said...

I LOVE it when a prospect has access to their current policy and a calculator! Congrats on the sale.

40 minutes north eh! Thurmont or Gettysburg?

Anonymous said...

Golden rule does not exclude HBP medication, SO You lied to sell Assurant, Good Job John

info@marylandquotes.com said...

absolutely would not cover 2 HBP meds - in fact they likely would have declined - she's also just slightly overweight.

I just put in a GR deal one ONE med for cholesterol. Decision? - no coverage for the meds of anything outpatient.

Note that this is a HSA and I called GR prescreen - they told me that just one cholesterol med, under control with a HSA would NOT be excluded. Yeah...so much for GR prescreen huh.

As you can see, I give GR the business and they continue to screw my clients. This case below has already been canceled and switched to Assurant - the husband wants coverage for his condition.

- copy and paste this:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6640/grdecisionus1.jpg

Instead of being bitter - learn your job.

Anonymous said...

I know my job, been doing it much longer than you, and have put several clients with HPB with no problems, and since the new plans have been released, total different underwriting. Does not matter to me, I just love watching you explaining your reasoning. Several factors go into decline for HBP and Cholesterol, not just cut and dry, If she was totally healthy, had good readings and recent readings, would have been no problem, Just completed an app for a 52 year old with two medications no problem and it was issued as standard. Drug Card included.

info@marylandquotes.com said...

My blog postings are general - not specific to bore people.

I called GR on this deal before I went out - 2 HBP meds and overweight - they said possible decline and definitely rider out the meds.

I really don't appreciate you coming on here and saying I lie to my clients. The negative comments from people who don't know the story gets a bit old - I'll post what I want and sell what I want. Get over it.

As you can see from my snapshot I give GR the business...and they lie to me.

There was no "factor" for their rider for cholesterol on that case - 242 initial count, under good control now with Lipitor, great readings. They excluded it anyway....and it's off to Assurant now. They'll approve it Monday - no rider. My client flipped at the rider and I almost lost his business.

What they do in MD may be different than what they do in your state but again, don't come on my blog and claim I'm lying to my clients.

If you think GR covers HBP with two meds and overweight I'd love to see it - even in your state.

In fact, tell me your state and I'll call GR on Monday and post the prescreen results for this case.

Oh...and the new plans haven't taken affect here yet. I don't have to justify anything.

So again, as you see, I give GR the cases....and you see what they do with them. So you worry about your clients and let me worry about mine.

Anonymous said...

Effective March 6th, 2008, Golden Rule has made enhancements to the Golden Rule products that are sold in the following states:

AK (copay plans not available), AL, AR, IA, IL, MD, MI, MO, MS, NE, OH, PA, SC, TN, and WI

Sorry MD new plans went into effect as 6 March, just verified might want to check that out.

info@marylandquotes.com said...

you're only talking about the tiered drug plan and elimination of the wellness limitations - not the new underwriting that's currently being tested in a few states.

And by the way, I'm a GR fan - big time. I did 4 deals this week, 3 were GR.

I would love nothing better than to offer them for almost all of my cases - but my clients (most of 'em) will not accept decisions where their conditions won't be covered.

It's as simple as that.