Monday, March 3, 2008

The elusive deal a day and Zoho

Ahhhh, the deal a day. Yes, I've dreamed the dream. A deal a day comes out to 1 mill a year in volume and I personally do not know any agent doing it with personal production. Why? A few reasons:

  • Money: Closing 1 out of 20 leads (pretty much par for the course) at $7 a pop = $700 a week in lead costs. It's a thin list of agents with $700 per week in marketing money. It's also an organizational nightmare to try and deal with 100 shared leads a week.
  • Can't generate volume on your own. Without buying leads you'd still need to generate very high volume. Aside from hammering the phones almost all day I can't think if a way to generate a high volume of leads.
  • Belief in what you do. Even with the marketing money or the means to generate a ton of leads, without the firm belief that you're really helping your clients you'll never have the drive.
Well, I feel comfortable enough with my telemarketing pitch to spend a lot longer on the phones then I'm used to so I'm going to drastically increase my phone time to see if I can nail that deal a day.

It's gonna be a lot of time generating leads and a lot of time following up. With my pitch, these are totally unqualified leads and calling back is a lot of "yeah, we got the fax....bye." I really can't worry about any type of closing ratio and simply focus on "X" amount of time spent on the phone = "X" amount of business hitting underwriting.

1st report out tonight.

You should also check out http://zoho.com - they have a lot of free business applications such as a webinar with live desktop sharing, web conferencing and a host of other business tools. As you see, you can embed a presentation or publish it online or share it: http://show.zoho.com/public/healthagent/Telemarketing


2 comments:

Marc Hart said...

Zoho looks awesome. I think I will make a Health Savings Account presentation for my blog and website. Thanks for the information.

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Yeah I've been playing around with the different applications and it's pretty cool. I could do a client blog and embed a few presentations.

The live meeting has a great free desktop share feature which beats GoToMeeting at $49 a month.