Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another "error"


Gotta love all these mistakes companies make. I wonder if there's ever an error where a client owes $1,500 and the bill comes for $0. Doubtful.

My phone just rang and my not-at-all-happy client laid into me. She just got a lab bill stating there was insufficient information to process her claim, which means it didn't get the network discounts applied or count toward the deductible. Obviously stuff like this can rattle people because it appears they don't have insurance.

So I had her fax me the bill and call Assurant claims. Turns out the her social security number goes next to ID Number and her policy number goes next to group ID. Labcorp put "PPO" next to the group number and the claims person says Labcorp knows better.

So I called Labcorp and they admitted they are already aware of the mistake and how to fix it and now it's being submitted properly.

The last thing to note is don't pawn any of this off on your client. This is your job. Don't ever say "here's the number to claims - let me know how it goes." Your client shouldn't have to spend their time and energy on crap like this.

No comments: