Friday, September 28, 2007

Yet another extremely busy day

At the start of this my fear was simple; I'd get next to no business if I wasn't doing some form of cold-calling - B to B or telemarketing and trying to go local would result in the business being too sporatic.

Now I can say that if I keep this up over the next several months I'll be hiring agents to help me keep up with the business. Health insurance is simply incredibally sought-after and as I theorized, most savvy people simply don't make a move because they don't know where to start nor do they trust "telephone agents."

My phone was ringing today - which to me is insane since I really haven't done much. But I can't tell you how pleasurable it is to pick up the phone and hear "I'd like some help with health insurance." I was running quotes literally all day.

The bottom line is I'd never be able to handle the business my locality is capable of generating. Health insurance is such a huge problem for everyone and where would the normal person go? You might think "they'd hit the internet net." You'd be wrong. Most people simply suck it up. They pay that $700 a month rate and think "it is what it is." That is, until they know there's a local health insurance agent who's established in the community that they can trust.

Tomorrow is the art & crafts fair and more of my flyers go out. I'm in the next chamber of commerce publication and have 5 more chamber events over the next 4 weeks. I met an Allstate agent yesterday and we talked today for a while. He told me he has never solicited a client - ever. 100% of his business is calls from the community and referrals.

I'd say within 6 months I'll have a physical location, staff, and a few agents on salary+ and be literally the place to get health insurance in my area. At that point I might think of expanding state wide. I can't believe if you throw a rock you'd hit 4 P&C agencies but no one's applied this to health.

No comments: