Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Three deals!




I would have been happy today with two, but got three with a referral signing up tomorrow. Got an Assurant, Aetna and Carefirst Blue Cross (can't screen shot Carefirst because we did a paper app.)

This is going to be one of my real 1st weeks. Not only am I simply working full days but I have very modest advertising out that's pulling a few leads a day, I have my chamber of commerce breakfast Thursday morning and I'm volunteering at my chamber's art & crafts fair on Saturday. Because of that I get to put a marketing piece into a grab bag everyone gets when they walk in.

This is simply what I should have been doing from the start. There was nothing at all wrong with buying leads when I started but I should have supplemented it with community marketing and community involvement.

I will stress that no single activity will generate enough business to make a living. I know agents who just joing groups like BNI and that's their sole marketing source aside from pestering friends and family. Won't work. The deals are too sporatic. It's local advertising, doing local events, (fairs/trade shows)chamber of commerce, and telemarketing.


No comments: