Monday, September 24, 2007

Fantastic full day

I'm committed to simply knocking out full days. Until I have enough cash for a lot of local marketing and doing local events it's simply all day contacting old leads, generating new ones, running appointments and phone sales. The days of 2 or 3 hours a gone. Things are simply habits or they're not. I have not been in the habit of a full 40 hour week.

The results are dramatic. I've spent the entire day on the phone and sent 8 solid quotes out today all with tomorrow follow-ups. All of them are qualified for health and money. If I just closed 2 of them what I'd show myself is a full day of work would be 2 deals a day. I won't even run the math on 10 deals a week - the commish is staggering.

The bottom line is there are all sorts of mental tricks we all use to fool ourselves into working when we're not. The interenet is obviously a dangerous thing to have around if you're into work-avoidance. It's like a fat man trying to lose weight while being locked in a room all day with 20 bags of potato chips. The will power needed is insane.

The irony is the internet was supposed to make your business "explode" with the ability to buy leads, generate leads and sell online. However, in reality the internet is directly responsible for most agents failing. Shared leads are simply horrid, it costs a fortune to generate enough leads through your website to make great money and most agents (98%) don't have either the experience and skills necessary to sell online. Without the net all agents would be on "old school" sales techniques and doing much better.

If you want to lose weight, don't buy the chips. Only have healthy snacks in the house. That's my trick. If I want a snack we have grapes and apples. If I wanted Oreos I'd have to drive to the store - so guess what I eat.

Same with the stupid internet - between email, message boards and the net in general it's just too easy to avoid putting in a full day at work. So today the browser was shut down and the only thing on my screen was prospects and quote software.

1 comment:

Nevada Health Insurance said...

You've really voiced my fears, I will be doing group and individual health full time in a few weeks and I'm scared of my own work ethic. I love to work and I can motivate my self I'm afraid of the time when I'll make enough to live on and then I'll become glued to my own diversions. I'm going to remember this post.