Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chamber breakfast - great success!

I had my breakfast meeting today for the chamber of commerce. I was overwhelmingly impressed! The people who run this really understand a lot about social events and it was very well structured.

Most times you attend social events you end up with little gaggles of people who know each other and you have to find a way to fit in. Also, if you're like me you're not the kind of person who's just gonna walk up to a group of people and start talking about what you do.

There were about 120 biz owners at the breakfast and we are all at tables of 8. Everyone got 60 seconds to pitch what they did and hand out cards to everyone - then we had to switch tables. So by the end every person there got my card and heard a short speil about what I do. I was also the only person at the event who sold health insurace.

So far today since I've been home I've received 8 calls from people who want health insurance or want to lower their rates. Phenominal - and I got a buffet breakfast. We're not supposed to directly solicit people after the event - no one wants 100 small biz owners calling them over the next few days, but emails are fine. So today I spent some time loading all their email addresses from their biz cards into Constant Contact.

Also, I had a client call me today who was supposed to fill out an Aetna app a few days ago. I assumed she flaked since I never got the verification link. She called me to today to get an update. I was like "what update?" She did the app three days ago using my link - shows me as the broker. Called Aetna and of course the entire broker support deparment was in a meeting until 3:30. That's top notch service!

Finally got ahold of someone around 4pm - she couldn't figure out why it wasn't assigned to me. Must be a "snag." Yep....great snag that gives them the business while cutting me out at the broker. Now I have to fax in the last page of the hand written app and they'll switch the deal back into my name. Thanks Aetna - I appreciate that!

No comments: