Thursday, November 29, 2007

My appointment this morning

Wow - almost the appointment from hell. Sell that one online? I barely made it out the house with an app. He was fantastic on the phone but laid into me at the house. He's computer software engineer and simply went over every detail.

His hang up? Lab and ER going to the deductible. He couldn't get past it. He kept saying over and over "so basically except for seeing a doctor I owe thousands." Ummmm....yes.

I would not have closed that as a new agent. I had everything on dining room table. It was a sea of brochures and rates. I had to show it "is it what it is." We covered Assurant's bad rates, Aetna's horrible rates and Blue Cross' lacking coverage - and still everyone's lab and ER hits the deductible.

He was flustered but knew his wife and kids had to have coverage. He literally had his head in his hands and said "So this Golden Rule is the best we're gonna get?" Yep - best rates, great coverage. He signed.

No comments: