Saturday, December 1, 2007

Marketing

First of all, now I'm depressed. I hated the old look of this blog and really like the new antique look. However, my sister thinks it looks girly. Oh well.

I think I've succeeded in confusing a lot of people regarding marketing in general - shared leads, live transfers, hire girls, get Gary's CRM, etc...

Let's break it down:

The single best way to generate leads is picking up the phone and making calls. It's free and effective. I really recommend Gary's CRM (call Gary at 912-944-2540.) You can easily generate 4 to 6 leads per hour - call it 5 for the math and you'll write 2 to 3 deals week.

If you're new in this field you want to be able to take your time with clients until you get a feel all of this.

If you're new in this business:

A) Pick up the phone and start making calls
B) Hit the street with some flyers and go B to B

There is no "C." Spending a lot of money on leads when you're new is pretty much an express ticket out of this business. Under no circumstance would I recommend a new agent buy shared leads. Save yourself the time and just hop on Monster.com

Even now I don't go anywhere without flyers in my car. If we stop off at any shopping plaza I hit every store then catch up to my wife. If I get a deal a month out of it that could be $700 a month extra.

Live transfers and hiring marketers/running a campaign

I would only recommend spending money in leads when you at least have a few deals under your belt. When you do, make sure you're spending money on exclusive leads. There has never been a more failed concept than sharing leads. Most will fail. The few with success experience great frustration and it's not the way to make a living in this business.

Even with all that said I'm out to proove to myself that nothing will trump establishing a stong local presence.

3 comments:

tabbyx said...

What do I know, I'm just a girl ~grin~.

Your Loving Sister

GreenSky said...

Your wife is correct!

Orlando said...

Better " easy on the eyes " template..