Friday, February 29, 2008

leads from faxes

I had my system pretty well set with my other "send you information" pitch, then getting the owner's email - shooting out brochures then calling back to ascertain interest and qualify. Never once did anyone ever email me or contact me for quotes after I sent the email.

However, after three days of sending faxes I have 3 quote requests submitting through my site. One I got last night is a family of 4 paying $750 on Mega. I'm sure there's a deal there somewhere.

The bottom line is I so much more enjoy simply getting permission to send a 2 page report that I'm on the phones more often. No one's gonna put any significant amount of time into a marketing technique they think sucks.

Although I've always hopped on the phone and did what I have to do I already see far less anxiety before I begin my calls and zero while I'm on the phone. I flat out enjoy this pitch. I'm on and off the phone in seconds and the only thing I need is a fax number.

For those of you either doing this or wanting to do it don't forgot a cover page offering free quotes with your number and web address. You also want to use an internet fax service....unless you want to send 3 pages through your machine.

Sites for internet faxing:

http://rapidfax.com/homepage/index.html

http://www.myfax.com/

You simply upload your documents, type in all the fax numbers and click send. You don't want to be sending this by email if you can avoid it. I think a lot of you know hardly anyone reads the emails.

When it's sent by fax people will at least scan it and it gets passed around the office. You're looking for the information to get in front of as many people as possible.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

John:

I can't help wondering how effective it would be to simply get permission, send the faxes, and wait for the phone to ring. Is it ultimately more efficient to NOT follow up and spend the same amount of time simply asking if more people want the report.

Rick

Unknown said...

John:

Do you think that ultimately you will find it more effective to NOT follow up on the faxes? In other words, might you receive enough requests for quote to make the follow ups a waste of time?

It might be a waste of time to bother with the follow ups and simply spend more time asking others if they want the report.

info@marylandquotes.com said...

well so far it's incredible. I just got a call from a doctor - on Cobra and I'll just post it on my blog.