Saturday, March 1, 2008

Yes another doctor update

Well, apparently I gave a good HSA presentation. After my HSA vs Copay pitch the wife's gut instinct was to go with the Copay Select since at $500+ per month it was $200 less then what they were currently paying.

But I told her that's really not the point. The point is pure protection which copay plans don't offer. So I got not one, not two but three more calls back throughout the early evening with both the husband and wife on the line digging very deep into the real differences between HSAs and copays.

Of course, I'm a HSA advocate to my presentation was obviously slanted towards HSAs. I get "we'll need to think about this and call you back."

Normally that's my "....call you back... in a month" signal however my phone rings just after 8pm and it's the husband saying he's stuck on the GR app.......which I hate it when clients simply decide to click "apply" without me because I like to either do the app myself or walk 'em through it while they're doing it.

So what did they pick?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The point is pure protection which copay plans don't offer. "

New agent question, HSA's offer pure protection via the OOP maximum, whereas copay plans don't have the OOP max?

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Copay plans have an OOP - but with copay plans once the OOP has been met the copays continue forever.

Anonymous said...

My bad, I should have worded my question better. Copay plans don't offer "pure protection" because?? (Is it because the copays continue forever?) Thanks again.

info@marylandquotes.com said...

Exactly, because the copays never end. Take 3 meds a $30 a pop and 2 doctor visits per month and $35 a pop and you have $160 a month just in copays.